Pitra Dhosh Analysis
The word Pitra refers the father and his ancestry. As per vedic scripture there is pitra dosha in horoscope. One who does not performs the sharaadha and pind daan on the death. Therefore the native is punished by his forefathers who are dead. The bad karma done by the ancestors is also created pitra dosha in ones natal chart. As per classic astrology pitra dosha is formed in the horoscope by certain planetary position. Common planetary position which form various kind of pitra dosha are as follows-
- Moon is placed in the 3rd or 6th house of the horoscope of the person. The person suffers from the malefic effect of planet mercury. Mind feels uneasiness.
- Ketu is occurred in the 4th house of the birth chart. The native receive the malefic effect of planet moon and suffers from related disease.
- Venus, Saturn and rahu or two of these three are positioned in the 5th house of the natal chart. The sun becomes malefic and gives bad results and also gives sun regarding problem.
- Sun, moon or mars or two of these three or all these three are placed in 10th or 11th house in the birth chart. Saturn gives malefic results by bad planetary combination.
- If sun is aspected by any malefic like Rahu or Saturn these will be pitra dosha according to the ancient astrology. The sun represents the father. Hence one feels sun regarding problem.
- There is various inauspicious effect of this dosha as absence of progeny in family miscarriage, incurable illness, poverty and scarcity of resources in the family.
Proper remedies are required to reduce its effects by –
- Offers water to banyan tree regularly.
- Give ford to Brahmins on every Amawasya.
- Take bath at various religious places like Ujjain, Nasik, Ganga etc.
- Do the sharaadha on the date of ones forefather’s death.
- Offers food to crows street dogs and sweepers during sharaadha (crows in mythological literature represent for fathers and Ketu represents spiritual people).